Regular participation in Journal Clubs is a requirement of the BIGS Clinical and Population Science curriculum for all PhD students participating in the program. Doctoral students need to attend minimum 12 journal clubs per year.
Here is a list of Journal Clubs on various topics offered within our BIGS Clinical and Population Science community.
Doctoral students, particularly those who do not have Journal Clubs offered in their research group/institute, are welcome to choose from this list and visit another Journal Club.
- Clinical Research at DZNE (first Thursday of every month, 03:00 – 04:00 PM; detailed information here)
- Advanced statistical modelling at IMBIE (every Thursday during semester, 04:15 – 05:30 PM, building 11, 1. floor, seminar room 609, IMBIE, University Hospital Bonn, detailed information here)
- Department of Palliative Medicine (currently online via zoom, monthly meeting, 02:00 – 04:00 PM – next meetings 2022 on 22.06., 21.07., 18.08., 15.09., 18. 10., 18.11, 16.12.)
contact Ms. Katja Maus (email@example.com) for the zoom link
- Population Health Sciences at DZNE (currently online, bi-weekly meeting on Mondays 11:00 – 12:00 – next meetings in 2022 on 10.01., 24.01., 07.02., 21.02., 07.03., 21.03., 04.04., 02.05., 16.05., 30.05., 13.06., 27.06., 11.07.)
contact Dr. Ahmad Aziz, MD, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the login information
- Institut of Human Genetics at the university clinics Bonn, weekly on Tuesdays 1 pm (at the moment online via Zoom). For the login information contact the BIGS CPS coordination office or Anna Sommer from the department of human genetics.
Program > Teaching: